With precision, speed and volume at its core, our AI search technology sifts through billions of online data points to source and qualify the world’s leading experts. We then connect these subject matter experts with organisations who need their specialist insights. From big pharma senior executives to neuromodulation specialists, discover our top 10 most notable expert requests for June 2020 below!
1. Consultancy supplements health management research with swift survey responses
When engaging experts for primary insights, there are many methods you can choose from. For this project, a leading life sciences consultancy opted for 30-minute online surveys, enabling them to get swift, quantitative insights from different subject matter experts.
The consultancy was conducting market research on health management trends in the US and asked us to find Pharmacy and Medical Directors to complete the survey to help supplement their strategy with industry insight.
Powered by machine learning techniques, our AI found the experts the customer requested with pinpoint accuracy, enabling them to get the information they needed for their research. Some of the survey respondents were:
- A Pharmacy Director responsible for business strategy, process improvement, and evaluation and communication for pharmacy and medical care coordination programs.
- A Medical Director with almost 30 years’ experience working in healthcare as a physician, clinical investigator, president, and medical director.
2. Haematologists take communications strategy to the next level
Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) is a rare, fast-growing, aggressive cancer which affects the myeloid white blood cells. Because it progresses quickly, it usually requires immediate treatment.
A global healthcare communications agency conducting market research on AML needed to connect with EU5 (Italy, France, Spain, Germany and the UK) haematologists specialising in the rare cancer. The agency needed to develop a deeper understanding of AML to support their end client with their communications strategy.
Thanks to our Semantic Search Engine, we’re able to accurately match experts to a request and search for experts across different geographies at the same time, which was handy for this project. The graphic below is a simplified illustration of how our bespoke, internal search engine works.
A graphic illustrating how the techspert.io Semantic Search Engine works.
Once we specify the criteria experts need to meet – in this case, EU5-based haematologists specialising in AML – the Semantic Search Engine produces data-backed profiles of specialists who match the criteria.
By partnering with techspert.io, the agency engaged with specialists including:
- A haematologist who has also been an investigator on AML clinical trials and contributed to over 100 scientific publications on haematology and oncology.
- An Associate Professor of Haematology who has authored / co-authored over 300 academic publications in the field.
Following the interviews, the end client got the industry knowledge they needed to boost their AML communications strategy.
3. A double dose of nephrologists and FSGS key opinion leaders for market research
A strategic consultancy needed to engage with US-based nephrologists and FSGS (focal segmental glomerulosclerosis) key opinion leaders (KOLs). To help bolster their market research, they needed the nephrologists (physicians who deal with the diagnosis and management of kidney disorders) and KOLs to share their specialist knowledge on FSGS – a disease in which scar tissue develops on the parts of the kidneys that filter waste from the blood.
Within a week of sending their project, the customer engaged with their requested number of specialists. In fact, they were so impressed with our speed and the quality of experts that they requested to engage with more!
Sourced by our search technology, the nephrologists and FSGS KOLs the customer interacted with included:
- An Assistant Professor in Nephrology at one of the world's top academic medical centres and author / co-author of 11 publications.
- A Director of Clinical Services of the Nephrology Division who is also a fellow of the American Society of Nephrology and author / co-author of 208 publications.
4. Skin cancer specialists enable consultancy to deepen their knowledge on rare condition
Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) is the most common type of skin cancer worldwide and can be effectively treated in most cases. However, some patients develop advanced BCC (aBCC) for which treatment can be challenging and outcomes are poorer. As such, there's room in the market to develop more effective treatment options.
A management consultancy interested in deepening their knowledge of aBCC for research purposes asked techspert.io to connect them with KOLs who treat a high volume of aBCC patients. Fuelled by precision, speed and volume, our AI search technology connected the customer with world-class experts.
The consultancy interviewed aBCC KOLs including:
- A Medical Oncologist who also holds the title of Associate Professor in the Division of Oncology at a leading medical school, and whose clinical expertise includes various skin cancers amongst other specialties.
- A board-certified dermatologist who is the Clinical Research Director in the Department of Dermatology at a healthcare network, experienced in clinical trials and author of many publications.
5. Neuromodulation KOLs enable consultancy to fill in the gaps
Neuromodulation is technology that acts directly upon nerves by delivering electrical stimulation or chemical agents to a target area. It’s commonly used to treat chronic pain, but the technique may be able to help nearly every neurological disease or symptom, such as the treatment of spinal cord damage, Parkinson’s disease and pelvic disorders.
A healthcare strategy consultancy needed us to connect them with KOLs in the neuromodulation space to help them test hypotheses and fill gaps in their understanding of the current use of neuromodulation modalities. They specifically requested to engage with US-based:
- Orthopaedic / spine surgeons
Remember the Semantic Search Engine we mentioned earlier? Here, it enabled us to search for the experts mentioned above in one go! The neuromodulation KOLs the customer gained insights from included:
- A Director of Neuromodulation Service who is also a Clinical Professor experienced in using the latest interventional techniques to control pain.
- A neurologist with a practice that focuses on advanced treatments for Parkinson’s disease who is also a Medical Director of a deep brain stimulation clinical program.
6. Big pharma experts boost procurement and supply chain project with specialist insights
A premier global marketing company working on a pharmaceutical procurement and supply chain project partnered with us to gather insights from senior big pharma professionals.
Unlike techspert.io, other vendors in the expert network space are limited to a fixed database of experts. The biggest limitation of this kind of database, consisting of a pre-assembled list of experts, is that you can only offer your customers specialists who exist in your network. Fortunately, our tech isn’t limited to a database, enabling us to always find the experts our customers need.
Powered by our Crawler, a computer program that scans the web, reading and indexing everything it finds, our search technology trawls through volumes of online content to find the most useful data for producing accurate, comprehensive expert profiles.
The techspert.io Crawler, also known as a spider bot, trawls through masses of information to find the best subject matter experts.
Some of the procurement and supply chain experts the customer connected with were:
- An Executive Director of Global Operations Sourcing experienced in multinational sourcing, deals, commercialisation, support of inline products and responsible for managing a $1.5B spend.
- A Global Project Manager with over 20 years’ experience who is responsible for sourcing APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients) and intermediates.
7. Haematology-oncologists supplement qualitative study with expertise
A premier strategy consulting firm conducting a qualitative study on multiple myeloma, a relatively rare cancer that develops in the bone marrow, needed insights from oncologists / haematology-oncologists based in Brazil, Germany and Italy to supplement their findings.
Above, we spoke about our Crawler which scours billions of online data to find the world’s best experts. Because the Crawler isn’t limited to a fixed database of specialists we can connect our customers with experts from Brazil to Italy and Germany, swiftly.
Some of the specialists our AI sourced for the customer to engage with were:
- A high-profile haematology-oncologist and researcher who has contributed to over 210 scientific publications and is a member of many scientific societies.
- A Professor in a Department of Oncology who has contributed to over 170 research items and has held notable directorship positions at a national cancer institute.
8. Consultancy improves understanding of oligonucleotide synthesis thanks to expert engagements
Oligonucleotides, or oligos, are short, synthetic strands of DNA or RNA, used for several applications in medicine and life science research. To better understand how biopharmaceutical and diagnostic companies synthesise oligos, a life sciences consultancy asked techspert.io to match them with experts experienced in synthesising oligos in-house and experts who outsource this process to contract development and manufacturing organisations (CDMOs).
Our customers often work against tight deadlines, so it’s crucial that we find them high-quality experts, fast. Our tech team has built an internal Knowledge Graph which provides a visual overview of the global knowledge landscape. By recording the relationships between experts, institutions, online media, and semantic concepts, it enables us to rapidly identify who the best thought leaders are in any field and match them with organisations who need their expertise.
Thanks to the Knowledge Graph, we connected this customer with the first expert within 24 hours of sending their project to us!
Knowledge graphs are an effective way of mapping the knowledge landscape and understanding the relationships between experts, specialisms, institutions, research papers and more.
The specialists the consultancy got insights from included:
- A Vice President at a leading R&D service provider who is experienced in the management of drug discovery projects and the production of oligonucleotides.
- A Senior Director of Manufacturing with an established history of being firmly involved in oligonucleotide preparation in both research and industry settings.
9. Senior managers shed light on COVID-19 facility testing
COVID-19’s ability to spread so easily and survive on surfaces has made it extremely difficult to manage and contain. As more and more businesses start to resume operations, facility management has become even more crucial.
A consultancy conducting research on facility testing for coronavirus needed to engage with senior managers responsible for ensuring their buildings are coronavirus-free. The experts needed to be US-based and from a range of industries including automotive and electronics manufacturing, food processing, fulfilment centres, energy plants, and non-pharma / non-biotech manufacturing.
Following the interviews with a range of facility management professionals, the customer broadened their understanding of how different businesses are implementing COVID-19 facility testing.
Thanks to our Knowledge Graph, within 24 hours of submitting the request, the customer kicked off qualitative interviews with precision-matched experts.
Some of the experts the consultancy gained insights from were:
- A Plant Manager at a multinational automaker with over 30 years’ experience, adept in facility launches and management of 1,000+ employees.
- A Vice President of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities at a global play and entertainment company with over 30 years’ experience.
10. Senior executives advance clinical trial design
Precision is a core principle of techspert.io’s search technology, enabling us to connect organisations with the right experts, at the right time, always.
A healthcare consultancy working on a clinical trial design project asked us to match them with experts whose insights would help enhance their work . They specifically needed to engage with senior executives experienced in developing and leading clinical trials. Fortunately, our tech thrives on specificity and found the precise experts the customer needed.
Some of the specialists the consultancy engaged with were:
- A Chief Science Officer with over 20 years’ experience in the medical industry accomplished in trial design, clinical studies and device design.
- A Vice President of Brand, Sales and Marketing with extensive experience leading field clinical teams and clinical trial designs.
Following the expert engagements, the customer got the information they needed to strengthen their clinical trial design.
From nephrologists to facility managers, that's a wrap on our top 10 most notable expert requests for June 2020! Be sure to catch our July edition next month.