From investigating novel drug treatments for breast cancer to unlocking insights to COVID-19 vaccines, discover how our AI search technology identified leading subject matter experts and connected them with businesses who needed their domain-specific knowledge for their projects’ success in our top 10 most notable expert requests for August 2020.
1. Geriatricians provide last-minute tips for market opportunity evaluation
Before committing to a project, we use our bespoke feasibility calculator to accurately predict if we can find the experts the customer needs, ensuring we don’t underdeliver or overpromise. A life sciences consultancy was working on a project with another vendor but towards the end the vendor couldn’t find the last few experts the consultancy needed, so they asked us to help get them across the finish line.
The customer was supporting their end client with a market opportunity evaluation on point-of-care testing (POCT) in long-term facilities and needed insights from US-based geriatricians to formulate actionable tactics. POCT is medical diagnostic testing performed at, or near, the location of the patient, allowing healthcare practitioners to achieve real-time, lab-quality diagnostic results within minutes rather than hours.
Thanks to our AI, which unearths experts in niche specialisms, we delivered where another vendor couldn't, allowing the consultancy to complete their market opportunity evaluation and create an effective strategy in the nick of time.
The geriatricians the consultancy engaged with included:
- An Assistant Professor in the Internal Medicine Division of Geriatrics at a prominent centre of health sciences research, patient care, and education who’s also a Hospice Medical Director and Nursing Home Medical Director.
- An Internist with 20 years’ experience specialising in hospice and palliative medicine and post-acute hospitalisation who has special interests in dementia and community services for geriatric patients.
2. German virologists unlock insights to COVID-19 treatments and vaccines
A management consultancy supporting their end client on a coronavirus treatments and vaccines project asked us to connect them with leading virologists based in Germany to help them expand their understanding and offer their client expert-backed strategic advice.
Powered by precision, volume and speed, our AI swiftly identified the experts the customer needed. In fact, they were so impressed with the top-tier virologists we sourced for them that they increased their quota for expert engagements.
Following the interviews, the consultancy enhanced their strategy with on the ground expertise.
Some of the virologists we connected the customer with were:
- An immunologist and rheumatologist at a Centre for Infectious Research at a high-ranking medical school who’s currently working on COVID-19 clinical trials and has co/authored 46 publications.
- A Chief Physician who’s treated many COVID-19 patients, is also the head of the infectious disease unit at a renowned research facility and hospital, and author of over 50 publications.
3. Expert knowledge gives sustainable packaging project the green light
A global healthcare market research company completing a project on sustainable packaging for medicines needed to gain insights from EU5 (Italy, France, Spain, Germany and the UK) specialists in this field to support their plan.
Thanks to our Semantic Search Engine which enables us to accurately match experts to a request, we identified qualifying experts and connected them with the customer, allowing them to gain the information they needed for their project’s success.
The specialists the customer got insights from included:
- A Sustainability and Packaging Trends Consultant with over 20 years’ experience in developing packaging products who previously filled the role of Group Creative Development Manager at a long-established manufacturer of packaging materials.
- A Principal Consultant and sustainable materials expert at a multinational management consultancy who leads the sustainable materials and packaging division and develops new products for the pharmaceutical industry.
4. Oncologists propel investigation on novel drugs in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer
A healthcare and life sciences consultancy investigating novel drugs in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer needed to conduct qualitative interviews with US-based oncologists to deepen their findings.
Fuelled by machine learning techniques, our AI search technology found oncologists based on the customer’s requirements with pinpoint accuracy, allowing the customer to complete expert interviews and strengthen their investigation with hands-on knowledge.
Some of the experts the customer engaged were:
- An oncologist who’s also an Assistant Professor at a distinguished academic health science centre, author of almost 30 scientific publications, and currently involved in two clinical trials on metastatic breast cancer.
- An oncologist with over 20 years’ experience at a world-class cancer centre who’s also an author of 120 scientific publications on breast cancer, and a member of the editorial board for the Clinical Breast Cancer journal.
5. Specialist insights take a load off consultancy’s pressure injuries project
A healthcare consultancy working on a quick turnaround project on pressure injuries (also called bedsores or pressure ulcers) needed our support in engaging key stakeholders in pressure injury management. The US-based experts needed to include physicians, nurses and administrators, and meet the following criteria:
- Work at large acute-care hospitals
- Have a current title of Neurologist, Neurosurgeon, Intensivist, Vascular Surgeon, Chief Nursing Officer, Intensive Care Nursing Manager, CFO, Director of Materials Management or Director of Surgical Supplies
- Be experienced in risk assessment, preventative treatments and managing pressure injuries
Fortunately, our AI thrives on specificity and sourced the precise pressure injury specialists. By partnering with us, the customer was able to meet their tight deadline, gain insights from precision-matched experts and supplement their strategy with expert-backed knowledge.
The experts the customer conducted interviews with included:
- An intensivist who’s also the Director for the Division of Critical Care at a major acute care hospital, a Clinical Associate Professor at a noted medical school and author of several peer-reviewed publications.
- A nurse practitioner at an acclaimed wound management clinic with almost 20 years’ experience who’s also a member of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence (WOC) council at a healthcare organisation that consistently ranks in the top 10 in the US.
6. Movement disorder KOLs steer paediatric dystonia project in the right direction
A consulting firm working on a paediatric dystonia project (a movement disorder that causes sustained or intermittent involuntary muscle contractions) partnered with us to gain a deeper understanding of the condition. They needed to bolster their market research with specialist insights and asked us to connect them with US-based key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the space. The KOLs needed to include movement disorder specialists, general neurologists and paediatric neurologists.
With the expert specifications in hand, our AI-driven search technology trawled through volumes of online data to find the precise KOLs the consultancy needed.
Some of the specialists the customer engaged with were:
- The Chief for the Division of Child Neurology who’s also the Vice-Chair for the Department of Neurology at a respected medical centre and named author in many peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- A Professor in the Department of Neurology at a top-ranking medical school who’s involved in an ongoing study on dystonia and whose laboratory focuses on developing a better understanding of dystonia and neurogenetics.
7. Dermatologists help global marketing company level up their strategy
A global marketing company developing a marketing/advertising strategy for their end client on epidermolysis bullosa (EB) – a group of rare, inherited diseases that are characterised by blistering lesions on the skin and mucous membranes – needed to engage with paediatric dermatologists in the UK, US and Canada to help inform their plan.
After scouring the web, our search technology found and qualified the relevant experts the customer needed. Using the insights they got from the engagements, the customer was able to include first-hand knowledge in their strategy to help it stand out.
Some of the dermatologists the customer interviewed were:
- A director of a molecular diagnostic laboratory which performs mutation detection for diagnostic purposes for EB patients who’s also a Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology at a leading university hospital.
- A medical director of a research centre at a globally top-ranked public research university who has significant experience in treating paediatric EB patients and has participated in over 75 clinical trials.
8. Haematology-oncologists shed light on a new era of treatment for multiple myeloma
Multiple myeloma (MM) is a cancer of the blood arising from plasma cells. Although there have been significant improvements in the diagnostics, classification, and treatment of MM, it largely remains an incurable disease.
In recent years, bispecific antibodies (bsAbs) – artificial proteins that have promising applications in the field of cancer immunotherapy – have been positioned as a new era of treatment for MM. As such, many healthcare companies are exploring this area of treatment and several different bispecific antibodies are being researched and developed.
A premier consultancy conducting market research on MM bsAbs therapies needed to gain insights from haematology-oncologists to supplement their strategy with hands-on knowledge. They asked us to connect them with specialists in France, Germany and Italy with research and/or clinical expertise in the field who spend most of their time treating patients.
Because our AI isn’t limited to a fixed database of experts, and analyses billions of online data points to produce accurate, comprehensive expert profiles at a much higher volume and accuracy than traditional human search methods, we’re able to source experts other vendors can’t.
The haematology-oncologists we connected the customer with, enabling them to improve their understanding of MM bsAbs therapies, included:
- An Associate Professor of Haematology at a notable university hospital who spends 75% of their time in direct patient care, has contributed to over 50 publications on MM and is involved in ongoing bsAbs trials.
- A Professor of Haematology who teaches students and treats patients at an internationally renowned biomedical research centre and is heavily involved in two ongoing clinical trials focused on MM and various drug interventions.
9. Intensive care physicians and neurologists bring hot tips to targeted temperature management project
An international pharmaceutical market research company completing a project on targeted temperature management (TTM) systems – interventions used to reach and maintain a specific level temperature for patients – needed to engage with subject matter experts to supplement their research. They asked us to arrange qualitative interviews with Germany-based intensive care physicians and neurologists experienced with TTM systems.
Our tech team has built an internal knowledge graph providing a real-time overview of the global knowledge landscape, allowing us to rapidly identify thought leaders in a field and connect them with companies who need their insights. Thanks to our knowledge graph, we sourced the relevant experts and arranged the engagements so the customer could get the information they needed to bolster their market research.
The TTM specialists the customer conducted interviews with included:
- A Professor of Neurology at one of the largest universities in Germany who’s also a member of editorial boards for many prestigious neurology journals, and past President of the European Neurological Society.
- An anaesthesiologist specialising in emergency medicine who’s also the Deputy Clinic Director for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy at one of the most reputable medical facilities in Germany, and author of over 30 scientific publications.
10. COVID-19 physicians enable consultancy to better understand the US treatment landscape
A management consultancy working on a COVID-19 project needed to conduct in-depth interviews with infectious disease and intensive care specialists to understand the disease and treatment/vaccines development landscape in the US.
The physicians needed to:
- Have more than 10 years’ experience in infectious diseases
- Be currently treating COVID-19 patients
- Be currently involved in any COVID-19 clinical trials
Using a list of set criteria, our AI has been trained to scan the far corners of the web to source and vet world-leading experts. It found precision-matched physicians enabling the customer to get the information they needed, including:
- A Program Director of Infectious Diseases at a major academic hospital and referral centre, currently involved in four COVID-19 clinical trials.
- An Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Department of Infectious Diseases at one of the world's leading cross-disciplinary research and teaching institutions involved in COVID-19 clinical trials who has three papers published on the topic.
And that brings us to the end of our top 10 most notable expert requests for August 2020! Be sure to check in on next month’s edition.